Trip Report : 4-AcO-MET (17mg)


I was torn between 15mg and 20mg for a first time with this psych (fresh tested batch). Only tried AL-LAD, 1p-LSD and 4-xxx-DMT. I'm glad I didn't push it to 20mg with this set and setting. It was a warm sunny day as only Spring knows to deliver. The kind that looks cold outside, but you're surprised by how warm it feels. Careful, evening is still chilly. The mindset was, however, very grim and depressed. I tried this psych for the OEVs, foolishly expecting no headspace.

t-0:30 : 300mg magnesium and 1g of ground ginger
ROA : 17mg ingested in a empty capsule
t+0:20 : comeup is definitely there, nothing visual yet, lying down with a blanket. Tycho is on until the end of the trip.
t+1:00 : OEVs have appeared, a blue shade is all over my white ceiling, I see neon kaleidoscope waves through it. I have to remember I have taken something. CEV are not as present as with 4-AcO-DMT, but the bodyload is quite strong. Didn't expect that. Balance is not that great : if I stop walking, I still have the motion with me so I have to be careful not to fall forward. It goes away after a while.
t+1:30 : this is where it's at. Goddamn those visuals. I went for a walk in the fields nearby : fucking beautiful. Everything is HDR, super contrasted. Everything is duplicating to infinity in my peripheral vision. Not so much breath, but a lot of textured flow. The "psych" hallucination of projected thoughts is very strong, very easy to let myself flow into. Can't stop grinning. I manage to send some text to a tripping buddy and make very coherent sentences. I can see the words in 3D when I'm typing, with artificial red blue and green shadows (if anyone knows the name for this effect I'm interested) like a buggy tv screen.
t+2:00 : where did all this introspection came from? Headspace is definitely there. Make no mistake : this is a 4-subbed-tryptamine, it has the power to dissolve your ego and make you relive past memories. I went in expecting AL-LAD, this has a stronger headspace, andmore intense visuals (compared to 150µg). Sunset is amazing, but I'm losing myself in my thoughts. Good thing there is music, I tried without but dark loopy thoughts came rapidly.
t+4:00 : starting to comedown, spent 2h staring at the burning sky, watching everything turning into fractals and rolling on itself as I was talking with my ego about how badly I fucked up my life so far. It is strangely reassuring and motivating : that's the easy headspace.
t+8:00 : easy comedown, no problem to sleep (not like lysergamides), quite exhausted. Eating is not the best until the 5 hours mark. After that, almost anything can go in.

All in all the headspace definitely took me to some places, lots of introspection, threading on some thought loops here and there, not as significant as with 4-AcO-DMT tho. I will not introduce it to other people as easily as AL-LAD, despite the shorter duration. The trip was a good time, I can see myself hiking anywhere on that. But, as always, I feel like light is everything with psych, and its full potential is not in rainy days.

TL;DR : Nice trip with a shitty set and a great setting. Very interesting psych. Amazing OEV (strong contrast, neon like colors, flow, infinitely repeated patterns in peripheral vision), easy headspace but not weak. Strong bodyload until the peak, no nausea with ginger, easier after 1h30.

Nice, i love metocin and was thinking about getting some metacetin to store cuz it's supposed to be more stable. This sounds a lot like my experiences with metocin tbh, I agree that the "no headspace" description that 4-xx-MET is often given isn't really accurate.

I thought metacetin was more stable because of the acetyl group... Gotta do more research about that, thanks.

Ive heard multiple people say that but havent really looked into it. I wonder how much longer it would be predicted to last than 4-HO-MET. I have enough 4-HO-XXX's to last a few years but if the 4-ACO-XXX's store significantly better i might start investing in those.

I usually go with Dive on the comeup, when I hear the beginning I know that everything is going to be fine. I put another album on repeat after that, and sometimes tries other bands if I'm stable enough.

Reports like these are always my favorite. Detailed, concise, get a very good understanding of another one's perspective and idea of what the substance is like. Thank you for sharing.
I took some of this last week, but I took 30mg, with some Ketamine, weed, and booze. It was a lot of visuals, no trippy headspace but very stoned and dazed, and definitely a heavy (but not bad) body load. Overall I really liked it, glad I have another 30mg left.
How does 4-ACO-MET compare to 4-HO-MET? Similar headspace?

4-HO-MET is more giggly and less serious. 4-AcO-MET is slightly more visual but doesnt last as long. 4-HO-MET is slightly more potent.
4-Aco has a longer duration than 4-HO. The rest of your post seems accurate tho

Comments