Did venlafaxine fuck up my ability to trip?


I was on 150 mgs per day of venlafaxine for a few weeks back in January, I stopped taking it because it was giving me really unpleasant side effects and wasn't improving my mood at all. I tried a couple weeks after quitting to take a small dose of 1P-LSD from a batch that I've already had good results with in the past, and it didn't work at all. Frustratingly I could sorta feel it TRYING to work, but it just never took off. Well I just tried the same thing over a month later and had the exact same results, I am a bit frustrated. Unless this stuff just somehow went bunk over a couple months then it really seems the venlafaxine is interfering with the acid. But again, I was on it for less than a month, haven't taken it for a good six weeks or so, and some people even claim they can drop while on Effexor with no problems. Is it possible for an antidepressant with a relatively short half-life to block psychedelics for months after cessation?

I was on 300-450mg of venlafaxine for 14 years and I could still trip, certainly with a much larger than average tolerance than normal. It's been a year since ive been off all antidepressants and my tolerance has decreased slowly but seems to be reaching a plateau above what most ppl describe. One thing I noticed is that my experiences are dramatically less visual than other peoples and so anecdotally I think this medication has inhibited the visual aspect of trips more than the head space.

The reason the antidepressant is having long lasting effects on your trip is because its interference doesn't come from the drug itself but from the up (or is it down?) regulation it causes to your 5ht_2a receptors, so you have to wait for them to renormalize. Given you were on it for such a short time I imagine it'll come back for you.

Its downregulation, since activation of the 5HT2A receptor is responsible for the more visual aspects of a trip, less receptor density=less visual effects.

No problem. And it actually downregulates different 5-HT receptors to different levels depending on the drug, dose, and your individual neurochemistry, so 2 people on identical doses of drugs could be affected wildly differently, e.g., I just found out I have a COMT defeciency, meaning I have more dopamine and norepinephrine circulating my body than most people do

Venlafaxine takes forever to stop affecting serotonin. I couldn’t roll for 9 months after stopping it, but eventually the issue went away.

"couple of weeks" you know that Venlafaxine, as usual with antidepressants a) only kicks in after 3 weeks or so and b) is active for about that time after quitting.

I've been taking effexor for 10 years now with other antidepressantsfor the previous 10 years. I have to eat upwards of 10 grams of cubensis to have a good trip. I'm now trying out panaelous cyans to see how well those work. Putting them in shoeboxes this weekend. I took 150 ug twice recently and felt nothing. A friend had a great time with the others from the same sheet.
I take 150mg of cymbalta and I cannot trip on lsd, even after 30 days off of the meds
Yeah, it's frustrating as fuck, I wish I had never taken that goddamn Effexor. I've been off it now for twice as long as I was taking it, I'm really starting to wonder when/if I'll ever be able to trip again. I also loved taking quarter-tabs (25 ug) a couple mornings a week to rock through the workday. Miss those days.
I'm not sure of the seratonin affect of dmt, but I've never had any issues and I've always been on an SSRI (zoloft, then cymbalta). With dmt. I've been able to do it 2 days in a row without any I'll effects at all.asidee from a heart rate increase during the break through

Comments